October 16, 2011
Call to Order: 9:33 am
Present: Eleanor Douglas, Mark Fortier, Ali Breault, Tom Giberti, Angela Dubuc, Tracy Leeman, Tim Leeman, Barb Ringuette, Noreen Holt, Pat Downing, Linda Austin, Deb Edgecomb
Absent: April Wade (Tracy Leeman alternating), Mike Edgecomb
Attendees: Tony Burgess, Scott Moore
Adjourned: 10:44 am
- Reading of the minutes. The minutes were read and accepted. ("Some adults graduated to adult leagues" changed to "Some youths graduated to adult leagues")
- Financial Report. Ali Breault presented financial report. The lane inspection income will be moved to the Lane Inspection line. Report was accepted as amended.
- Youth Committee. The Youth Committee is working with webmaster to update youth website. City tournament will be December 3 & 4, 2011. Roger Perrault tournament is March 3, 2012. The youth leagues will move their halloween party to November 5 to accommodate the Tri-State tournament.
- Tri State Tournament. Sixty-one teams have entered the tournament. The tournament begins October 22. Recognition pins have arrived. Lane monitors are needed.
- Maine State Open Tournament. City Tournament: We will survey the bowling leagues to determine the probability of a worthwhile playing field. Decision to have the tournament tabled until next meeting. State meeting location: Remaining choices are Marco's Ristorante, $28, Fireside Inn, $31.We're going to Marco's. Advertising: Front inside cover is sold.
- Annual Awards Dinner. Dinner tickets are delivered as well as raffle tickets. We need door prizes. Please turn in sold tickets to Deb Edgecomb. Head count is needed by November 1.
- Board Resignation. Rick Leger has resigned. We have two openings on the board. Tony Burgess will fill the 7/31/2014 position.
- Sponsor of the Year. Bowlers have suggested we give out a sponsor of the year award. Nominations will be accepted. The awards committee will vote on the award. Criteria: Tabled for next meeting.
Next Meeting: November 20 - 9:30 am - Sparetime Recreation