November 20, 2011
Call to order at 9:35 am
Present: Mark Fortier, Tom Giberti, Barbara Ringuette, Deb Edgecomb, Tony Burgess, Mike Edgecomb, Angela Dubuc, Tim Leeman, Noreen Holt, Tracy Leeman, Deb Pelletier, Ali Breault.
Absent: Eleanor Douglas, Pat Downing,
Attendees: Diane Atwood, Chuck Atwood, Steve Dubuc
Adjourned: 10:44 am.
- Reading of Minutes: The minutes were read and accepted.
- Financial Report: Ali presented the financial report. Corrections were made to line item balances for previous months. There is an outstanding deposit that was actually made on October 31, but the credit union is posting the deposit in November. Tom was asked to find out about unpaid sponsorships form Sparetime.
- Youth Committee Angela Dubuc reported Youth City Tournament is December 3 & 4. Basket raffles are being assembled.
- Tri State Tournament: Mark announced that the financial statement for Tri State tournament wasn't finalized. Mark also reported that there was an issue with a reported average and the standings were recalculated to reflect the correct entering average. Steve Dubuc, President of the youth association, questioned the priority of youth/adult leagues with respect to tournaments and leagues. A discussion ensued about the changes the youth league had to endure to accommodate the adult tournaments. It was agreed that the biggest problem is communication and that should improve in the future.
- Maine State Open Tournament: Mark reported the tournament will be on the 19-34 side and will not disrupt the youth league. There was a discussion on whether or not to have the city tournament. Leagues will have a meeting to gauge interest of bowlers. Delegates to the state meeting are Angela Dubuc, Mark Fortier, Mike Edgecomb, and Barbara Ringuette.
- Annual Awards Dinner: Deb Edgecomb presented the financial report. We made $184 on the raffle. The board voted to recognize all 298, 299, 300 games.
- Sponsor of the Year Award: Tabled
- Board Resignation Linda Austin has resigned. Diane Atwood and Chuck Atwood are installed on the board. Diane Atwood's term will expire on 7/31/2013 and Chuck's will expire on 7/31/2012.
- Senior Tournament: There were 9 signups for the entry fee reimbursement. Two names were drawn for reimbursement. Winners are Jim Goulding Jr and Lou Asselin
- 800 Plaque. Mike Edgecomb to get a quote on a larger plaque.
Next Meeting: December 11, 2011 - 9:30 am - Sparetime Recreation